South Bend, Indiana
2.3K views 22 comments

The 2008 HGTV Dream home is a total FRAUD.Firstly, the supposed "surprised" winner Stephanie wasn't even shocked, surprised, overwhelmed or ANYTHING when HGTV walked into her home....just barging in at 10:00 at night...telling her she won, and her having absolutely NO response.

Of course all her friends and family were there...because HGTV contacted her friend weeks earlier (as one of them admitted on a video..). (OH yeah, they just happened to BE THERE for a birthday party, when it wasn't even her birthday. HGTV had us all believing this was a complete surprise on LIVE television. WHAT A LIE!!

...It's funny, when I entered the contest they didn't ask me for a friends name! How strange... Additionally, when asked by Lauren Lake of HGTV what her favorite show on the network was...she couldn't answer! ...The whole interview the supposed winner acted like she lied her way through it!

They even asked her how often she entered, and she looked to her husband as if she was making it up along the way...You would think that HGTV would check the IP address on where the entries came from....Her friends and family all said they entered and probably entered "Stephanie" and she didn't even know it!

I'm turning off HGTV...they are dishonest.

Review about: Hgtv 2008 Dream Home.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Hgtv?

Comments

HGTV DiyNetwork and GACTV and Travel Chanel Sweepstakes are ALL SCAMS!They offered big prizes but I have NEVER once see an Asian winning it.

Don't believe me?Please go their sweepstakes website and you wil see what I mean.

Nana
Sioux City, Iowa, United States #961657

Think people -

HGTV calls the winner in advance so they will be home when hgtv gets there.

Stephanie was answering their questions so she probably looked at her husband to see if he wanted to answer some.

It would be a total waste of time and money to have an employee of the show checking the IP addresses.

HGTV isn't honest?One of the rules of entering to win a dream home or home makeover is that we can only enter twice per day - it's up to us to be honest and only enter twice a day.

Mina

This post if old, but I have a comment.I don't think that the sweepstake is a scam, but I do believe that it is unreliable.

The rules said that you can enter only twice per day, yet, their software will let you enter as many times per day as you wish! I mistakenly did that on the previous dream house and I emailed them to complain of that flaw... Never got a response. Now, if somebody decides to exploit this flaw and enter 2000 times a day, would they have a better chance of winning if the silly online entries batch gets picked?

You bet! In addition, I signed up for the daily email reminders, which is sporadic at best.

Some days I get it, some days I don't...how can you trust a company that really doesnt have their act together?

sessaSucks

The complete *** w...h.,or..e that is sessa doesn't amaze me in the least....hehehe Daddy spoolged all over her face.

sessa

The complete delusion and idiocy of people on the internet never ceases to amaze me. These complaints are ridiculous bu!!$hit. Some of you clearly need therapy and perhaps medication.

Pamala

I agree.HGTV contests are rigged.

Every winner is ready and waiting for the door bell to ring and then come tho the door (of their already beautiful home and obvious wealthy position in life). They never go to area codes that don't match their desire of aesthetics. The people that answer the door and their family and company are actors. Scam is hardly the word.

Staged it the word, paid actors are the participants. As far as that lady that called in to win something, it would be no effort on their end to put a message to the callers that someone else had already won instead of leading people to believe that they had won so they thousands of people didn't continue to call.

Even if the people were called ahead it time to set up the "surprise" win, why are they already wealthy and already living in wonderland neighborhoods?HOAX HOAX HOAX

DeJeLe

They are not excited b/c they know well in advance that they have won. But I cry bull if they are giving it away to wealthy people...but then again if you live in public housing could you actually afford the upkeep and taxes for such a home. They need to add an additional prize of taxes and utilities for the next 5 years..that still would not cover unexpected repairs.

DeJeLe

OK...so this is a scam but how can someone lose this home to foreclosure if it is given, deeded to you outright?? Now I can see the taxes killing you but why not turn it into a bed and breakfast or some sort of elegant, expensive time share. I will keep my eyes and ears peeled.

michele johnson

:( I am so pissed.I have entered and today is the last day.

So, when i entered on both sites it said there was an error and try again. I did like 10 times. I chatted with an assistant on line and she gave me a site to go too.

Went there and it said unsuccessable.This is ***

Misty123

As for myself,I do believe they give away the home and I believe it is legit.otherwise there would be a lot of legal complications for them to deal with.

These sweepstakes are strickly regulated and they must go by rules set by the government.So,you nonbelievers go ahead and don't enter,it will be one less entry to have to deal with,9eTS but wish me luck!!